Chalet Hôtel Hermitage, in Chamonix, at the foot of Mont Blanc
Chamonix, the iconic Alpine resort, is a popular year-round destination.
In winter, visitors come for the skiing and boardsports, and to enjoy the snow-capped Mont Blanc.
In summer, there is mountain hiking, biking, a chance to discover the local flora and fauna and the high altitude lakes.
And throughout the year, there are traditional villages to explore, crafts to discover and locals to meet, always happy to share the delights of their region with visitors.
- Aiguille du Midi: at 3842 m, the mountain offers the chance to admire Europe’s most stunning panoramic views!
- La Vallée Blanche: a fantastic skiing and snowboarding area, descending from the Aiguille du Midi
- The Domaine des Grands Montets
- The Montenvers/Mer de Glace train: an incredible journey up to 1913 m above sea-level.
- Lakes, waterfalls: Brévent, bleu, Bérard, vert, des Chéserys… the names of these mountain lakes are as beautiful as their crystalline waters…
Whatever the time of year, Chamonix offers the chance to get back in touch with nature, with pure air, spectacular landscapes, and thrilling sensations. There’s something for all ages and tastes!
- Alpine skiing
- Cross-country skiiing
- Snowshoe hiking
- Ski touring
- Mountain biking
To organise these activities in complete safety, contact the professionals in Chamonix.
We are here to guide you!
To ensure your stay goes smoothly, the Chalet Hôtel Hermitage works closely with local operators, all experts in their particular fields.
- Adventure parks (La Forêt magique, La Forêt du Mont-Blanc): safe adventure courses in natural environments, suitable for all ages.
- Merlet Animal Park
- Parc des Gorges de la Diosaz